Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Follow Up!

So Brock had his follow up appointment this morning. All the same stuff: yellow drops, the light, and exam and still not so much as a tear! The tear has healed but his eye could be red for up to four weeks! I was shocked. For some reason when she told me yesterday that it could be healed today I was thinking it wouldn't be red anymore. So when I saw how red it still was I was worried it wasn't healed. I will definately take the redness over it still being hurt though any day!
So I was trying to get a good picture of his eye and he decided to give me a big cheesey smile! It is my favorite picture of him yet! You can see the cute little gap in his front teeth, I love it!!!
The doctor today was an after hours doctor so we couldn't see the same one. When he came in the room he told me he had been reading the chart and read what had happened and wanted to know if this was a mean older brother! I was sad because I knew that would be everyones first thought, but Doran was not being mean! He was playing and make Brock laugh and did not mean to hurt him! He is such a sweet boy, but sometimes he just plays a little to rough.

3 comments:

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

ohhhh....poor brock! i love that second picture of him. what a cutie! And poor doran. he's such a sweetie. i hear ya, sometimes bella hurts her little sisters on accident cause she is clumsy or when she is trying to play. at least they aren't intentionally hurting the babies right???

Jolynne said...

Ohh I glad he doesn't have to wear that eye patch anymore. I'm sorry that happened. I once had to wear an eye patch because I got a paper cut on my eye ball...It SUCKED! I hope the redness clears up soon!

Alicia said...

I feel sad that Brock got hurt, but thought it was a cute story about how excited Doran was about making Brock happy and how he thought Brock looked scary with the eye patch on! What adorable boys!!! I am glad Brock didn't seem bothered by the whole ordeal! :)