Monday, November 15, 2010

Warning! Gross/blood pictures!

When Seth asked me a couple months ago if he could play flag football I was all for it! Normally at this time of year he is asking me if he can play arena football (he is asking that too, but I am not being as nice). The team he is on is undefeated and is going to play for the championship next Saturday. This week when he got done he called to say he was on his way home. He was asking if we had any plans for when he got home and was just being a little wierd. He told me the game was a real 'bone buster'. That is when I asked my normal question of whether he got injured or not. He told me he will need to go to the instacare as soon as he gets home because he broke his nose and split open his cheek! I didn't know if he was serious or not at first... HE WAS! His nose is so crooked right now. The doctor said the don't re-set it or anything for a few weeks so the swelling can all go down and then unless the airway is blocked they generally still don't. So he got stitches in his cheek and now I guess we will wait and see what his nose looks like when the swelling has gone down. I can think of a few good looking celebrities with broken noses.... Patrick Dempsey....


1 comment:

Jolynne said...

wow, that really does look brutal!