Friday, January 28, 2011

Fun pics

Jen and Blake are going to be moving to Pueblo, Colorado at the beginning of March and I am very sad about it. Blake has gone to Oklahoma City to train and Jen and the girls are here by themselves for a couple of months. While he has been gone I have been helping by watching Claire once or twice a week. She is so funny. She has the cutest little voice. Brock and Claire don't really get along very well. I call them the arch-enemies. They are always trying to hurt each other and get mad when the other is getting attention. Hopefully they will get over it soon!
Brocky had his three year old well check last Thursday and he has grown! Up until his 2 year well check he went down in the percentile everytime. Finally from 18 to 24 months he stabalized and this time he went up! He went from 28%ile to 56%ile. It was a pleasant suprise! I always am worried about his weight and how much he eats. Lately I just sit with him and feed him to make sure he eats. Now he actually likes it better that way and when I give him his food he will say, "Will you help me?" It is more work, but it obviously paying off.
Doran is getting smarter every day! He knows a lot of the letters and sounds. He gets overwhelmed easily when we work on them though. I have been feeling really stressed the last month about Kindergarten. Enrollment is next month and I just haven't been able to decide whether I should put him in or not. I don't want to put him in and have him struggle all school because he wasn't ready. He has the swing birthday so he could go next year or the following. We just really want to make the best decision for him.
Grandpa Engman has started a fun monthly activity he calls Maurice School. He teaches his grandkids useful things to help them with daily life. This last month we learned about Martin Luther King Jr., kitchen and bathroom cleaning, furnace filters, proper place setting at the table, manners, cooking, and much more. Doran really loved it. After Grandpa taught us the proper way to set a place a the dinner table Doran went through and did it correctly all on his own. He was very proud of himself and Seth and I were proud too! Today we were driving in the car and Doran said, "We are on the Earth, huh Mom?" I told him we were and then he said, "Jayce wants to get in a rocket and go into space." It is always funny to hear the little things they are thinking. I love it. :)

No comments: