Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sharky!

We finally have a yard in! Pictures of that soon to come (when I actually get a camera!). The day the sod got laid the first thing Doran did was look out the window and scream, "We have grass! Let's go get our dog now!!!"

And now all Doran's dreams have finally come true! We have a puppy! On Monday morning Seth looked online for dogs (like he does every day) and there was an ad for a boxador! We both fell in love with the pictures and called for more information. The lady gave us lots of information and we decided that he was the right dog for our family. She was headed up to Salt Lake from Spring City so she said she would meet us at Wendy's in Lehi to see him. When we saw him we knew we were right! He is so stinking cute! He has lab ears, a boxer walk, and uses his front paws like a boxer, but other then that he is a pretty good mix.
He loves the boys! He loves to chase after them and they love him chasing them! He gets tired really fast and is still sleeping a lot. We are in the process of kennel training him and house training him. So far he has been doing awesome! We love him so much and can't wait to see what he grows up to look like!
Seth, Brock, and I all wanted to name him Titan. Doran wanted to name him Sharky. Seth put it to a vote and Brock said Titan and so did Seth and I. Doran said his name IS Sharky. We called him Titan a few of times and Doran would sternly tell us that his name is Sharky. So Sharky Titan Engman it is! He is 6 1/2 weeks, his birthday is 2/26, and he is a little fatty!

3 comments:

Jen Yak said...

I am so excited for you guys! You didn't tell me about your yard too! I think that is a good mix for a dog. Junior has been the best possible family dog I could imagine. He's not as hyper as a pure bred lab.

Julie Carlile said...

He is adorable! I love him and think he will be a great dog. SO happy for you guys. :) Oh and I LOVE your backyard. It is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I am excited for Baxter to meet him:)