
Seth and I took the boys on a hike to Stewart Falls this week. It is a hike I did a lot while growing up and I always loved it! I knew it was a pretty easy hike and would be good for the boys. It was so green and beautiful! Greener than I have ever remembered it being. There are parts of the hike where the trail runs along pretty steep hills. At these parts we would always hold their hands and make them walk on the inside. At one part Doran held his heart and said, "I just want to go back to the good and nice part. I only like good and nice things." So cute!

It took us quite awhile to get to the falls. Once we came around the corner and the boys could finally see it they were so excited! They loved it!


Once we started to head down we realized there was a big problem! The water fall was so full and heavy it was like a shower standing so far away from it! There is so much run off that the water fall was bigger and faster then normal. I remember always playing in the river at the bottom, we couldn't even go down there! The trees were all crushed from the snow pack and there even was still snow! It was crazy! It was still a beautiful hike though. The boys had a lot of fun and so did Sharky!

The boys did so awesome the whole time. It was a 4 mile hike round trip and Doran did all of it but the last ten minutes! Brock had Seth hold him at the rockier part that is closer to the water fall and at the end, but he did awesome too! The last ten minutes of the hike Doran started saying that the inside of his legs hurt. We need to get him some new shoes before our next hike. We want to hike Timp cave, the Y, and dry canyon with them this month. They are already asking for our next hike!
1 comment:
I wish we went with you guys. I'm glad the boys loved it!
Post a Comment