
The last couple of months Seth has been playing in an arena football league again. I was really hesitant about him playing because I was worried he would get injured, but he convinced me that you can't hurt steel. ;) We went to his game last week and it was really fun! The boys loved it!

Had to snap a picture of Doran and his girlfriend!

Doran and Brock each made money delivering Grandma Geneal's neighbor presents. They thought they were so cool! I was proud of them for helping.

Uncle Joel had an awesome birthday party the other day. It was at a church and there was dodge ball and basketball. The boys had the time of their lives! Brock has been telling me every day since that he wants a birthday party like Joel's. I will have to get planning!

Last night Doran inadvertently had learned a life lesson and had his heart broken at the same time. The boys had seen a commercial on tv for Marley and Me and asked me to record it. I thought they would absolutely love it, so I did! They started it in the morning and ran around barking and pretending they were Marley. They thought he was so funny. We had to pause it for awhile. When we came home I let them finish it. I was sitting on the couch at the end where Marley gets put down. I started crying and was thinking of Sampy and looked at Doran to see what he was doing. He was sobbing! His chin was shaking, his face was red, and tears were streaming down his face! He said, "I wish Marley didn't die!" I held him and he cried and cried. I tried to make him feel better by telling him everyone dies, people and dogs and that it is ok. We just always have to be nice and make people feel happy and loved. Then I had to leave to go pick up a Christmas present. It was about a 20 minute drive. When I pulled in I looked back and he was crying again. I pulled him up front on my lap and tried for 5 minutes to get him to talk. Finally he agreed he would answer yes or no if I would guess. So after a couple guesses relating to Marley I switched to Sharky. He told me he is sad that Sharky is going to die too. I tried to explain to him that as long as we take really good care of him he will probably live until Doran is Brooks' age. He was still crying. So then I told him we will go get Sharky treats and he can give them to him and have a sleep over with him. Finally he stopped crying. Since then all he has talked about is Marley and Sharky. He wants to make sure Sharky is on the nice list so Santa will give him something too. So even though we lost Sampy last year and we lost Poppy just a few months ago, he just now understood death. It is so sad. Brock on the other hand said while Doran was crying, "They just need to get a new dog." So simple :)

Here he is ten minutes after the movie ended still crying his eyes out. Poor little sweetheart!
1 comment:
I wanted to cry just reading this post. Doran has such a good heart (so does Brocky :)) I love those boys!
Post a Comment