I made so interesting decisions for our weekend. I went to Les Mis Saturday night. I got home right about midnight. At 12:40 a.m. Seth. the boys, and I were on the road headed to Colorado. We had signed up to do the Spartan race in Colorado with Zach and we were set to start at 12:15. We drove all night and got there right about nine (so both of us were running on no sleep from Saturday morning until Sunday night). It was a very chilly day. It was 50 degrees, but it felt even less because it was so windy! While we waited for the race to start the wind was blowing so hard and the dirt was blowing in our eyes. So once it started and we got muddy and wet it was even colder! We were tense from cold. It was the hardest race I have done because it was so cold and the race hills were pretty much straight up and then the downs were really loose rocks. Very hard, but still fun!
I felt bad that the Spartan that Zach did wasn't as fun as they normally are. Hopefully we can do another one with him that is funner!
My cute pink and purple asics are ancient history!
I always say the last obstacles of a mud run is the shower! They are so cold and miserable! I didn't even attempt it because I was already shaking so bad. Seth and Zach were pretty funny in the showers. Seth was shaking pretty violently and finally said screw it!
While we were all racing our good friend Kristin drove down from Denver and watched the boys for us. I was so grateful that she did because it was fun being able to do it all together. She took them to a fun bounce house. Doran told us the next day that the only time he had fun was when he was with Kristin. I thought it was cute!
Brock stayed up until 5 a.m. during the drive to Colorado. He ended up crashing at 5 that night and didn't wake up until 8 the next morning.
Monday night we went to a Mongolian grill. I had never had Mongolian so I was excited. The most awesome part of the restaurant was how allergy friendly they were. Zach told them that we had someone with allergies and what we need to do. They brought us an allergy menu that said every allergen in everything they had. They brought him a special colored plate that is only used for allergies and they cleaned and portioned off a section of the grill to cook his food on. I have never been to a place that was so allergy friendly. I am used to asking if something has egg or tree nuts and the person saying, "I have no idea" like I am just asking out of curiosity. It was awesome to have a place that cares so much. I wish they had some of them in Utah because I would go there just because of that reason!
We had to leave first thing this morning. Seth works tomorrow and the boys both have school so we couldn't stay to long. We stopped and got gas on the way out of town and while Seth was filling up some guys said to him, "Hey, aren't you famous? Don't you play ball?" Seth said, "Nope, I am just a guy that drives a van." They didn't believe him and asked if he was for reals. I guess since he is so muscular and good looking he looks famous!
The drive home was beautiful! There were lots of little storms and the mountain looked really pretty in contrast to them. It was a short, but great trip!
6 years ago
1 comment:
At least you look so happy while you are miserable, and your teeth are so white! I love that drive. It is so pretty.
Post a Comment