
Poor little Brock is very sick again. He got a cold out of nowhere on Friday and by Saturday he was coughing so hard that he would throw up. I always take them to the doctor right away when they are sick so I knew what to look for. By Monday it was still just as bad, he wasn't eating well, not sleeping well, and was just overall miserable. So I called the doctor's office just to make sure there was nothing more that could be done. The nurse asked if he was having labored breathing, no. A fever, no. I explained he just has this horrible cough that gets so bad that he will throwup. She told me I need to bring him in right away because by the sounds of it he has pneumonia. So I got very upset that I didn't do what I normally would and just take him in right away. I don't think Seth, Doran, Brock or I could handle another 5 day hospital stay like last year! So when the doctor finally saw him he laid him down and looked at his little throat and sure enough he was really working those muscles every breath. I felt sick to my stomach and so mad at myself! Then he listened to his lungs for like three minutes and he said that he was shocked that there isn't a trace of anything in them! Finally I felt a little better. He checked his oxygen and it was only at a 93 (oxygen is required at 89) which is low but not terrible. He said he may be at the start of pneumonia or RSV and there is nothing we can do but watch. So I am praying that he doesn't get any worse.

Before all this though we enjoyed the nice, warm, sunny days outside! Doran and Brock both love the park. I didn't know if Doran would because he gets very nervous, but once he opened up to it he had a blast! He just would climb the ladder, go straight to the big slide, go down, and start over! Brock loves it too! He laughs when he goes down slides and it so cute! They both love being outdoors.

Here is Brocky in the sink after he threwup the other night. He seemed to like playing in there quite a bit! It did seem like he was growing until this hit. I pray he gets better fast!

Doran recently has decided he likes talking on the phone, mainly to Daddy. It is always fun to listen to the things he decides Daddy needs to know about.
3 comments:
Poor Brock! I hope he gets better fast! Do you have him on a good muli vitamin or anything that might boost his little immune system? I can't remember what I had Cohen on at that age, but I got one from the health food store that he seems to really like. It is hard when they keep getting hit with stuff because it makes it easier to pick stuff up again. I keep getting this head cold that goes away for a few weeks and then I seem to pick it up again! Frustrating! Good luck!!! Let me know if I can help you out!
I am glad to hear that he didn't have pneumonia, but poor Brock! I hate it when my kids are sick; I always feel so bad for them. You're a good mom!
so sad! he keeps getting sick! I am so sorry!We've been sick too and I am ready to be done. Don't be made at yourself...how can you know every time?
Post a Comment