Thursday, August 20, 2009

Potty training!


Doran has been potty training the last couple of weeks. He just came up to me the other Sunday and said, "I gotta go big boy potty!" And he did! And he has ever since then and even stays dry all night. The only problem (which is a big problem) is that he won't poop in it. Hopefully soon though! He always waits until Seth leaves to have his accident so I can see he still favors Seth! Brocky is really interested in what Doran is doing in the bathroom! He always tries to get in there as soon as he sees Doran going in.

I have a couple of Doran stories I don't want to forget!
We signed him up for itty bitty football the other night. Seth is excited about it and told him, "Doran, Mommy signed you up for football!"
"No! Sorry Daddy, I am a racecar driver! I am Kasey Kahne!" Seth and I just looked at each other and started laughing! I have known who Kasey Kahne is for a few months, since Doran has started watching Nascar, but haven't known who his sponsors were or anything. Then I was at Albertson's and Doran saw the budweiser and said, "Oh look! There is Kasey Kahne!" Sure enough there was a racecar driver there, but I wasn't sure if it was him or not so when I came home I googled it and sure enough it was Kasey Kahne!!! He is a genius about this Nascar stuff. It bothers him when he doesn't know a driver!
The next story is a little sadder. We were on our way to the swimming pool today and Doran was so excited to swim! Then he got really quiet in the back seat and said he didn't want to go anymore. When we asked him why he said because it is shark week! I felt so bad! A couple of weeks ago on the discovery channel it was shark week and I let him watch one show that was just about observing great whites because he was begging to watch shark week! I learned my lesson!
One last story! The other day we were driving down Lehi main street when Doran who was sitting in the back seat with a very concerned look on his face said, "I want a lamborghini." Ok...









4 comments:

Jen Yak said...

Doran is so funny! I love his personality!

Jolynne said...

He is so funny! He is definitely going to be a race car driver.

Anonymous said...

When you started talking about potty training I figured you were talking about Seth. Uncle Matt would like to help out with Doran and the racing but I cant get Seth to agree. He thinks he has to be a football player to be somebody. Go Budweiser!

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

Doran is so funny that he already has a hobby by the age of 2. What a big boy going in the big boy potty. You are such a good and patient mommy. I really look up to you.