It has been a very interesting week for us. Monday was a really hard day. We still get sad all the time, but now we are just trying to be positive and know that our Sampy is out of pain. I thought the boys were understanding that we weren't going to ever see Sampy again, but Monday evening Brock came up to me with his sad voice and said, 'I want to go get my Sampy back'. Then I got teary eyed as I tried again to explain it all to him and then he got teary eyed and was telling me how Sampy is so sick and scared of the doctor. :( A couple days later he came up to me with a little doggy biscuit and told me he wants his Sampy back so he can give him some treats. Doran doesn't quite get it, but he knows he won't see him again.
On the other hand, Doran has given us quite a bit of comic relief this week. Here are a couple things that have made us smile...
Seth always says in a loud, funny yell, 'Who wants spankins?!' The boys used to think this was funny and Doran would tell Seth to raise his hand so he could spank Seth. The other night Seth got home from work and yelled, 'Who wants spankins' and Doran said all seriously, 'Dad, you remember what I telled you? People don't like spankins, they like hugs and tisses.' It was so cute and funny!
One day we were at the grocery store and Doran picked out a ring pop for a treat. He kept shoving it in my face telling me to open. He shoved it in my face while I was paying, loading the cart, walking to the car, strapping them in, unloading the groceries into the car, and then while I was pulling out (I suppose it would have been easier to open it right away, but I just wanted to get out of there!) Finally while I was pulling out I raised my voice at him and said, 'Doran! I said in a minute! Just hold on, I am trying to get out of here!' When I finally got out of the parking lot I looked back at him to get it and his eyes were red and full of tears and his lip was turned out and his chin was shaking. I asked him what was wrong and he said, 'You remember what I telled you? I don't like you to talk loud to me. It scares me.' It broke my heart! I held his hand the rest of the way home!
Then on Thursday Doran's preschool teacher told me he has two little girls that have crushes on him. He was playing with one of them on Thursday and sitting by her and the other girl was jealous and kept giving Doran puppy dog eyes. Then she was trying to sit inbetween them and kept telling Doran how much she loved his hat! I thought it was so cute! He is already a little ladies man!
6 years ago
1 comment:
I love those stories. Thanks for sharing. I love my boys!
Post a Comment