Friday, August 5, 2011

5 years old!

Monday was Doran's 5th birthday! I can not believe I have a 5 year old. Time has flown by way to fast! It really feels like weeks ago that I was in the hospital in labor and watching shark week! He has grown to be such a big sweet boy! Seth and I love him so much and so does Brocky! Brock looks up to him so much! I took the boys and Cassie to Brick Oven for Doran's birthday meal. He loves the garlic bread!


They came out with a lollipop sundae for him and sang happy birthday and he was so shy and embarassed! He wouldn't even smile or look at them. He was trying to pretend nothing was going on! I had to take a picture of his face!
Look at my handsome little dudes! They are such good little brothers!
This week Brock and I got new Giants jerseys! Brock was so excited. We got him the Nicks jersey and he kept saying, "I catch the ball and run fast with it! That is what my jersey does!"
Brock has said a couple sweet things lately I don't want to forget. He has been trying to understand what happened to Poppy. Doran and Brock were talking in the car one day and Brock said, "Poppy is in heaven with Sampy and Jesus." He was happy that Poppy could take care of Sampy for us now. The day after Poppy passed Brock came up to me in the morning and said, "Jesus' friends hurt Poppy!" He was so worried about it and it was so sweet. I told him Jesus' friends are nice and wouldn't hurt our Poppy. Later that day we were driving home from Granny's and he said, "Poppy is Granny's best friend! And he died! Right mom?" The day after the funeral I had the program sitting on my dresser. He saw it and picked it up and said, "This says that Poppy is in heaven with Jesus."

1 comment:

Jen Yak said...

I miss my boys! They are so cute! I like their new jerseys.