Saturday, November 9, 2013

Grandpa Cloward

 Tuesday morning while I was work I got a text from my dad asking me to call him. I knew exactly what he was going to say. Grandpa Cloward passed away during the night. Dad jumped in his car and just started driving. (This picture was just one of the boys cuddling one morning when I was getting ready for work. I loved it.)
 Dad got in town the next afternoon. We went to Mi Ranchito with a couple of his siblings. His sister brought a ton of old pictures. I loved looking through all of them.
 It was so funny to see my dad in some of the pictures. I couldn't believe how much he looks like little Brent.


 This was my favorite picture of grandpa. He looked so handsome and the background is really awesome too.
 That night the Mi Ranchito didn't sit well in Brocky's tummy. He threw up over and over during the night.
 The viewing was the next night.
 This is the most recent picture of grandpa. I can't remember grandpa without a smile on his face. He was always sitting there smiling and watching.
 The next day was the funeral. It was a really nice service. There were lots of nice things said about grandpa. At the graveside he had a 21 gun salute for his service in WWII. I have never seen one done and it was very neat and really special.






 We will miss grandpa, but he is definitely so much better off. He has been doing so bad for so long. He has been missing grandma for a long time too.


 Handsome boys!
 Brent and Brent.


 Here is a picture of all the grandkids. It will be wrong at the end of March when Ryan and Emily have their next little boy.
 Clowards


No comments: