Christmas break went by so fast! I felt like I was back in high school since I work in one. I kept thinking 'oh my gosh only five days left!' Now it is long over! We had a fun break though. One day Brock got really quiet. Jen and the kids came over and we couldn't find Brock. I called and called for him and searched the whole house three times over and couldn't find him and he wouldn't respond. I started feeling so panicked. Jayce ran outside and was screaming his name. I was not sure what to do. I decided to search the house one more time. Finally when I was about to give up and really freak out I noticed a bit of white under one of the couch pillows. There he was, sound asleep and nuzzled under the upstairs couch pillows. I was so scared and then so relieved. Little stinker just kept on sleeping!
The next day we took my dad to Chubby's in PG. Seth tried to do the Chubby's challenge. He would have won it too, but their power went out so they were a little short on fries. If they were short on them it wasn't by much because his plate looked as full as all of the pictures. Doran was still really proud of him and everyone there considered him a winner! He will probably do it again soon just to seal the deal.
I ate a nice little chicken lettuce wrap at Chubby's. Yum.
My dad made his famous prime rib and I think it was his best yet!
Seth painted Claire's nails. I thought it was so cute! She looks a little confused by it all though.
Doran wrote a few football books over the break. His best work was definitely 'Giants inants the Caboys'. The Giants won in it!
New Year's Eve we were determined to stay awake. It didn't happen.
Seth's grandpa passed away over the break. Seth got to go to Iowa and say goodbye. He also got a Giants suitcase from Zach that he loved!
Doran dressed up in all his Chiefs stuff for 'Red Friday'.
I love the boots Seth got me for Christmas. I wore them pretty much everyday over the break. I took the boys to the Hobbit and while I was watching it I felt like I looked a bit like Thorin Oakenshield. Now I love them even more!
I took the boys to the monthly workshop at Home Depot. They made calendars this month. They really wanted to paint them. We went to hobby lobby and got paint for them and they made them look really nice. They are already planning on how they are going to paint the next craft.
Seth was able to grow an awesome beard over his time off. He looked so handsome with it! He isn't allowed to have facial hair at work so I always love when he has time off and is able to grow it out for a while. And now our break is over! It was fun.. And way too fast!
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment