Last Thursday Seth, the boys, and I were out for a cheat meal and I was sitting at the table checking my email. I saw I had a new email from Doran's Chinese teacher so I started reading it... And then I started crying like a stereotypical mom would. She said she and Mrs. Yellowhorse had chosen Doran to be their student of the month! I showed Seth and we kept it secret because they usually tell them at an assembly when they call them up on stage.She invited us to the assembly on Monday.
So Monday I left work and went to their school and Seth woke up after sleeping only two hours after getting home from the night shift and went too. My mom and Kevin met us there and we sat in the back of the auditorium. When his class walked in he didn't even look back or notice us! I was so excited to see his face when they called him.
When they called him up he just went up and stood by his teacher. It was his Chinese Immersion teacher so I have no idea what she said when she spot lighted him, but I was still emotional and proud! He is such a good boy!
After the assembly I asked Doran if he was so surprised when they called him up and he said, "No." I asked him why not and he said his teachers told him on Friday! I couldn't believe he knew all weekend and didn't tell us! I had not even been telling people to make sure it was still a surprise! I asked him why he didn't say anything and he said because he wanted to surprise us. ;) I guess we both had the same intentions!
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment