Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Holidays

We had lots of visitors over the holiday season. We had Zach and Nikki, Sammi and Katie, Ry and Emily and the kids, and Dad and Coleen and the boys. It was pretty fun and kept us real busy from the week of Christmas until Friday after New Year. It is kind of sad now that everyone is gone.
The boys really like having company. Brock loved that there was a baby that had a binky. He would pull his binky out of his mouth and then put it back in like he was in charge. Doran loved Sacky. He would ask for him any time he wasn't around.
We also got to see a lot of Grandpa Cloward. He is so sweet, he always has a smile on his face even though I am sure he is pretty miserable.
I made a copycate recipe of Cafe Rio on New Years and Jake made HUGE burritos with tons of meat. It got a little messy so the guys made him wear a bag teasing him and he kept it on the whole time he was eating! He is a good sport.
My Dad and Ryan left for their drives home on the same morning so we met at Carl's Jr. to let the kids play and everyone say goodbye. It was pretty sad to see everyone go and it was sad how lonely the house felt for a little while. But we had really great Holiday season with lots of family from every side and we hope everyone else did too!

4 comments:

nicole finlinson said...

Which Cafe Rio recipe did you use? You guys look like you had a lot of fun!!! It is always sad when the holidays are over....but at least there is Martin Luther day, Presidents day and Valentines to look forward to!!!

Jolynne said...

You were Busy! It sounds like us except we are the ones who did the traveling. How fun to have everyone down at one time! I want to come see you this week!

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

Ohhhh....that is so sad when everyone leaves. I know how that can feel. I want your copy cat recipe of cafe rio. is it the pork one? I have one for their dressing. I looove cafe rio!

Alicia said...

It does feel empty and anticlimactic when the holidays are over and family are gone! January is probably my least favorite month because of this! I will have to get the recipe from you sometime for the salads!