Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Arthritis

Brock is such a funny little guy. He loves to be independent and do things on his own. He will put up a big fight to be allowed to do things. At the same time though he can be very clingy and loving. Yesterday morning he started sobbing because Seth was at work. He said, "My Daddy left me! I want my Daddy to come back and get me!" It was so sad because I could just tell his little heart was broken. The other day at Granny's he did the most tender thing I have ever seen a little kid do....
Granny has really bad arthritis. Her hands are possibly where it is the worst. We had gone over there to visit for a little bit before Claire's birthday party. When we left Brock gave Poppy a hug and kiss and then went over and gave Granny some too. After she hugged him she put her hand down on her leg and he stopped and looked at it. He started talking to her in a sweet little voice that was full of concern. I couldn't catch most of what he was saying because I was across the room, but I could tell he was concerned about her hand being hurt. After he had talked to her sweetly for a minute about her hand being hurt he said, "Here Granny, I will kiss it better." Then he leaned over and kissed her hand. Granny got tears in her eyes instantly while he took off running to the bathroom. (Whenever Brock gets hurt he gets a napkin to help him feel better.) He came running back in the room with toilet paper and wrapped her hand in it and said, "There, it's better." It was just so sweet. It was all him, no one was even talking about her hands or arthritis or anything and he noticed that and tried to help her on his own. I was happy to see him be so sweet and loving. I sure do love him, even if he does favor his Dad!

3 comments:

Julie Carlile said...

THat is so sweet and adorable :) I love that little guy. I hope my grandparents live long enough for Kambree to have those kind of interactions with them.

Jen Yak said...

Brocky is a sweetheart!

Christine said...

The picture of Gran's hand made me cry