Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pueblo!

This weekend we suprised the boys with a trip to Colorado to see the Yakiwchuks. They had no idea we were going there so it was pretty fun. For the first couple hours of the drive Doran would say he was done taking a long drive. Finally Seth told him we were going to a suprise and he never complained again! The drive there was awesome. We left at about 4:30, hit BYU game traffic until Lindon, so it was more like we left at 5. After that it was smooth sailing! The boys watched movies and ate. Doran fell asleep around Glen Wood Springs and Brock fell asleep just before the Eisenhower tunnel. We got to the Yakiwchuk's house around 1:45 and woke the boys up. We knocked on the front door and Doran saw Jen through the glass and started laughing and yelled, "It's Jenny!"
We all got to bed around 3 a.m.! The next morning we woke around 8:30, so not too bad, especially since the boys wake up at 7:30 on the dot every day. We went to Chipotle for an early lunch and then went to the Chili and Frijoles Festival! Talk about delicious!
You could smell the peppers roasting in the big things and they looked so delicious!
That evening we had a little birthday party for Claire-bear. She was not at all interested in her cupcake, but Brock sure was!

This is how Brock eats his cupcakes!
Brock was also very excited about helping Claire with her presents.
She loved feeding her new babies bottles.
The three older kids all wanted to sleep next to each other. After Brock's second time falling off the bed I made him sleep with us.
Dad and Coleen arrived in the middle of the night en-route to Utah. Dad drove her to Pueblo and then was flying back to Michigan and she continued on to St. George. We ate breakfast at a yummy little restaurant called the Hen House. We Engman's were ready for the Giants to win the Eagles too!

Just a couple minutes from Jen and Blake's house is this awesome lookout point for the reservoir. It was beautiful and also a little scary. I am pretty scared of heights so I was nervous being so close to the edge.


Next we drove up to Colorado Springs to drop Dad off at the airport and we went to Garden of the Gods. It is awesome. We didn't get to walk around the whole thing so I hope we get to go back and go through it all.

Next up.... Shopping! We went to Castle Rock and shopped at the outlets there. It was fun.
The kids were pretty tired on the way home. They sure do love Jaycee!
The next morning we got up and got packed up to head home. We went home on highway 50 instead of I-70. We stopped in Canon City at Jayce's favorite place, a rock shop. When you pull in the ground is glittering from all the different rocks that have been all over the ground. The definately have some awesome stuff. From there we had to say goodbye to the Yakiwchuks which was really sad (for everyone but Claire;) ).

The boys traveled so well. They were angels the whole time and so was Sharky!
Outside Salida we drove through a beautiful canyon. The leaves were so amazing I had to pull over and take a picture. It didn't capture how beautiful it was though. When we started heading up the canyon Doran yelled, "Something is about to blow up in my ear!" He had a hard time yawning it out.


There is a cool mine in the canyon too. It was definately a beautiful drive.
When we were driving through Gunnison we saw the coolest park ever. We had to pull over and let the boys play. It had the steepest slide I have ever seen! Seth, Sharky, and I all even went down it!



There was also a rock climbing wall. I don't think the boys liked it all that much...







Seth loved this truck in Delta, I love his biceps!


Best husband in the world! He bought me the muscle and fitness magazine with Clay Matthews on the cover for the drive home! He is so sweet! Great magazine ;)





2 comments:

Jen Yak said...

I love it! I had so much fun with you all! Thanks so much for visiting us!

Jolynne said...

How fun! Looks like you had a great trip! Did you get a new car? Are you coming to texas anytime soon? :)