Monday, May 21, 2012

May!

 In May Brock had itty bitty baseball. He really liked it and was really good at it. It was a little confusing for him because he is a lefty. I told them on his first day that he was and that was about the only day that they cared. I would go put the mit on his right hand and by the time I was sitting down his coach would switch him. It was a little frustrating. He throws way better with his left and is really obvious. I figure we will just practice lots at home so he can get the hang of it.

For my birthday Seth got me two cute new watches! I love them. He has great taste ;)
 Finally the Star Wars obsession has ended! In true Engman boy fashion though, one obsession can not end, without another beginning. I am just fine with their new obsession though. The Avengers. We took them to the midnight showing. I put them down for a nap at 8pm and woke them up at 10:45 to put the costumes they had prepared on. They though they were so cool at the theater. Everyone loved them and kept telling them how cool they were. Someone told them they won the costume contest and other people would ask to take their picture. All they really cared about was the movie. They loved how at premiers everyone screams and clapped and they joined right in with everyone. They both laughed so hard during the movie, and so did I! They both stayed awake the whole movie too!
 Look at those huge muscles! Thor, Captain America, and Captain Sexy!


 This is them the following night. I called it: OBSESSED!
 Trixie and Sharky like to play. Trixie likes to bite. Trixie likes to rip Sharky's cheek off. His cheek got all infected so he had to get on an anti-biotic. He loved it because this is how I served it to him.
 To keep her off of him and to let him heal he had to wear a cone. He has pretty sad about it at first.
 Doran and Brock took all the money out of their piggy banks and bought Avengers legos. I got to spend an hour building them.

 The other day the boys and I took Trixie for a short walk. Short as in not even to the end of the street. She barely made it home alive. She kept dropping to the grass and acting as though she could go no further. It looks as though we have ourselves a little drama queen.
 'The parking lot of deliciousness.' -Patrick Lucky  Seth has finally gotten the bike he has wanted for years, a big dog chopper. He got it the day before Mother's Day and has been calling it my Mother's Day present. Don't worry, I immediately correct him. 'It is your Father's Day present.' I have stopped doing that though because he says if this is for Father's Day, then he can't wait for Christmas. Dork. 
 Trixie really wants to be able to jump on the trampoline too!
 Handsome men!
 Brock really wanted me to take a picture of him in Doran's shin guards, so I did.
 Another shot of Seth's bike. It is pretty awesome.
 Morning hair! He is still on the quest to grow his hair out. He no longer wants to be Luke Skywalker for halloween though. It is currently Iron Man, but that is due to change tomorrow. If I ask him if we should cut it since he isn't going to be Luke anymore he gets very upset. Maybe he wants to dress up for Luke for his birthday...
 Yesterday evening there was a solar eclipse. I was actually really excited to see it. The last one happened when I was in third grade. I picked up Gaygay, got the sweet eclipse specs that Seth got from his work, and headed down to Granny's to party! We had pizza and tons of treats and just sat out back for two hours watching. It got cloudy right at the point where it was the most covered, but it was still awesome! If it weren't for the glasses we wouldn't have even known what was going on.


 Just thought I would throw in one more of Sharky in his cone...
Ok, all caught up. Hopefully I will not get so behind again. It is definitely not my idea of a fun afternoon to sit and blog two months worth of pictures.

1 comment:

Jen Yak said...

I love your new watches I'm glad you finally posted. The boys look so cute. Poor Sharky. !I hope Trixie quits beating him up!