Sunday, June 10, 2012

Seattle!

 Seth woke up Tuesday feeling quite a bit better, not 100%, but enough to eat and drive. We drove down to Bainbridge Island and ferried across the sound to Seattle. It was so fun for the boys and us. We drove our car into the parking lot and then went up to the deck and got treats and watched. It was really fun!
 When I first told the boys about it they were nervous, but they didn't act nervous at all once we were on board. They thought it was so awesome.

 It was pretty cold out on the deck. It was raining, obviously, and windy.



 Seth's favorite part of the whole vacation was the ferry ride. I don't blame him, it was awesome!


 After the ferry Seth, the boys, Cassie, and I drove in to the city to do the underground tour. It was really interesting and funny. Maybe not very cool for the kids though.

 The next day we went to Pike's place. We got some yummy donuts for us and got Doran a vegan muffin and some fruit. Everything was delicious! The sun actually came out too, but there were still too many clouds for us to see Mt. Rainier.


 The world's first starbucks!
 Ok, a little funny story here. We walked along the pier after we went to Pike's Place. We stopped and looked at the big fish aquarium outside the Seattle aquarium. There was a funny anemone that either didn't have tentacles or was closed. It resembled a certain piece of male anatomy and Seth noticed. He asked Ryan, "Hey Ryan, what do you think that is called?"  Ryan responded, "Well Seth, that is a sea-penis." Doran then started yelling, "I WANT TO SEE THE SEA-PENIS! I WANT TO SEE THE SEA-PENIS!" It was pretty funny and a little awkward. Thanks again Ry!
 Doran eating his vegan muffin and Seth eating some of the World's best clam chowder!



 Doran was soaked after walking around Seattle! His pants and shoes were dripping.
 I had to take a picture of the burrito I got. It was so huge. Who can eat all that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see the sea penis too!!! Great pictures. You are a hottie! -Jen

Julie Carlile said...

Ha! That reminds me of the sea eels we saw up there. We kept laughing about it too. Also, I love their clam chowder too! It is my favorite! Are you not a sea food fan?