Monday, June 2, 2008

You might be a redneck...

Poor Brocky has another ear infection. This is his 4th one in 3 months. Each time they seem to bug him more and more. Today he was just crying all day and you could tell it was an 'I am in PAIN' cry. The doctor said 2 more and he will have to go to the tube doctor! I pray he won't get anymore. If you have any tips on how to avoid ear infections, please let me know. (Also, please notice the AWESOME giants blanket he is laying on. I made Seth, Doran, and Brock all their own ones for Christmas even though Brock wasn't born! I guess it was good luck since they won the superbowl!)
Sunday night we went up to Papa K and my mom's cabin for some family time. Doran loved it. The Provo river goes right thru the back yard and it was really high and super fast. He was mad that I wouldn't let him get close enough to throw rocks in it.
He just kept running around the yard and throwing wood chips and rocks and pointing out all the things he thought were cool. It is pretty cool how much he loves to be outside.
Once it got dark Seth found Days of Thunder on TV and thought maybe Doran would like it since it has race cars. Doran sat on Seth's lap the whole movie and kept going VROOM VROOM! It was so funny. He only got down to get his Lighting McQueen and some snacks. Which leads me to my last topic...
What 22 month old boy hates the zoo and then sobs when you leave the motorcycle races after 4 hours? I think either a redneck baby or one who is destined to be a racecar driver. Seth and Doran went to the Hannspree superbike at Miller motorpark speedway this weekend and Doran was in heaven. He went into the car museum twice and sat and watched the race all without any complaint. He also learned a new word, COOL! He is so funny! He really loves cars and motorcycles (but he calls them all cars)!


5 comments:

Schmidt Family said...

Oh my gosh! Could you have gotten anymore of a boy. Maybe Seth will have to save his firebird for Doran!

Jolynne said...

Im glad you guys had a good time. I can't believe how many times your kids get sick. So sad! Oh and I don't think Cory will get a motorcycle anytime soon. ;) Although I did catch him looking at some on the internet!

Kayla said...

Oh no! Another ear infection? They should just do tubes now. They're not the worst thing, Shelby has them too. It's made a huge difference in her hearing. She never had an ear infection, luckily, but did have fluid in her ears and failed her hearing test in March.

nicole finlinson said...

my friend that has 2 boys has had the smae thing that brock has had and she was saying that it makes the biggest difference in the world and to get the tubes as soon as you can it isn't worth all the heart ache stress the earaches cause....but good luck with it....

amber schmidt said...

Hey I just saw your blog on tara's and I thought I'd say Hi! Poor Brock, I hope he feels better soon! I'm going to add you to our blogrool so we can stay in touch if that okay??