Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Overwhelmed

I came across a friend from junior high schools blog today and little did I know I must have needed to be humbled. I have always complained about how hard it is to be pregnant and deliver ten pound babies, how hard it is to cope some days with the bad temper tantrums of a two year old, (Don't get me wrong, my husband and sons are my life!) and just some days needing a break. I don't even know how to express how I felt when I read about what her and her husband have gone through. They lost there sweet little girl when she was seven weeks old. She mentions her in almost every post. She has such an amazing testimony of an eternal family. I just sobbed and sobbed as I read through her posts and watched a slide show documenting their short and precious time with their angel. I hope I can value my sweet boys and be the mom they deserve to have. I hope to be the wife Seth deserves to have. I hope to never take my amazing life forgranted. I hope if I have another angel waiting to join our family I will be softened. I am so grateful I have the gospel in my life and that I got my life back on track after having gone so far off. I am so grateful for this family I have been blessed to be the mother in.

4 comments:

Jolynne said...

Coley, Geez why did you have to make me cry for the 3rd time today? You are an amazing mother and trust me I watch you with your kids and they couldnt be more blessed to have you as a Mom!

On a side note, I am so blessed to have you as a friend. You have always been there for me and are so caring! Thanks for everything! Love ya JoJo

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

Oh coley! Thanks for sharing something so personal. You are an amazing mom. I am always so awed by how patient you are with your boys. You are such a great example to me.

Your poor poor friend. I can't even imagine going through what they did. Breaks my heart.

Jamie, Amanda, and Kids said...

Thanks for sharing; it's wonderful to feel your spirit and testimony!

I love those little moments of realization that God has blessed me so much (even in spite of myself), and how grateful I am for a loving Heavenly Father who knows what I need and want better than I do.

Zach and Nikki said...

Hi Coley! I know we don't know one another very well, but I think your a great mom and a perfect wife for Seth! I check your blog, Sarah's, and Samantha's every few days... I copy and save the pictures of the kids and they play as my screen saver. I had my computer at work the other day and the screen saver was up and my co-worker started asking me who all these beautiful children were- I was very proud to say that they are Zach's niece's and nephews! He's so proud of them all and I really wish you all lived closer so we could spoil them!! :) We really miss you guys and I'm looking forward to seeing you all at Christmas!! :) Oh! I created a blog... I haven't added any pictures yet but I will (like pictures of the house and the puppies!!). I hope you can check it out! :)

Take care and see you soon!
love, Nikki