Sunday, March 6, 2011

Quotes

Today I had the best Relief Society lesson. I was actually able to listen and be there for all of it too! (Brock went to nursery without shedding a tear. It was wonderful!) It was a lesson about the divine calling of a woman. I love knowing that I have little ones to nurture and a husband to love. I love my role as a mother, wife, and woman! She used a few quotes (not necessarily the ones listed below) in her lesson from Gordon B. Hinckley and they were so amazing. He was such a wise man. No matter what he was talking about, he would say it perfectly and hit dead on. I loved him and miss him, but I love President Monson so much too. He is a wonderful story teller. :) Here are a few quotes from President Hinckley that I love...

"Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism. Walk with faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in the goodness of those you love, in the testimony you carry in your heart concerning things divine." -Gordon B. Hinckley

"True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well-being of one's companion." -Gordon B. Hinckley

"Life is to be enjoyed, not endured." -Gordon B. Hinckley

"There is something wonderful about a book. We can pick it up. We can heft it. We can set it down. We can think of what we have read. It does something for us. We can share great minds, great actions, and great undertakings in the pages of a book." -Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments: