Is today tomorrow? That is the question I have been asked several times a day the last month. It is the question I woke up to this morning. It is the question he asked as he was getting tucked into bed tonight. At first I would try to explain to Doran, today is today. Tomorrow is tomorrow. Yesterday today was tomorrow. It is so hard to explain to him and he just doesn't get it. I usually don't even know what he is asking in reference to. I knew this morning though. I knew he was trying to ask if it was Sunday, church day, and also the day that the new Power Rangers episode would be on TV. So I knew that today was tomorrow today... We are trying to teach him the days of the week, I think that would make it so much easier than trying to figure out if today is tomorrow.
Brock ate a chocolate pudding at Granny's house the other day. Both him and Doran asked her for one. Brock got some around his mouth and wiped it off with his sleeve. He then yelled at Granny for putting mud on his shirt! He was very upset with her for putting mud on his shirt EXACTLY where he wiped his chocolate pudding off. The nerve of her! ;)
My boys hate church. Usually on Sunday morning they both have several things wrong with their health. Stomach aches, coughs, random body pains, and just being sick. Doran has been going without crying for almost a year. He does occassionally get sad still though. Brock has been crying since even before I was released from nursery. He got really clingy to me before I was released. If I held another child, Brock had to be in my other arm. He hasn't gone without crying at all since I got released... Until today! A month ago I finally decided just to see what would happen if I didn't baby my baby. He cried himself to sleep that day. He was sleeping under the table when I picked him up. The next Sunday the leader tore him out of my arms as he was screaming hysterically. He calmed down in about ten minutes. Last Sunday I went in at the beginning because he was crying. After about 5 minutes he got off my lap to play and I snuck out. He didn't cry after that. Today we walked up to the door, he let go of my hand, walked straight to the toys, and never once cried! I was so proud of him. I was also incredibly sad. My babies are getting so big!
The Engman family yard finishing project of 2011 has officially started! Let us hope we have more progress than the last two years of the same project! I have a good feeling about this year though.
6 years ago
1 comment:
You can have Doran sing the Days of the Week song to you :) So nice that Brock is doing better in nursery. Kambree has such a hard time. It is ridiculous. Hopefully it won't last for long.
Post a Comment