Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fishing!!!

 The day the boys have been waiting for finally arrived! Fishing day! We had a bit of a hard time getting a day that worked for all of us and the weather the last two weeks, but we finally made it happen! The dogs were just as excited about it as the boys!
 Papa K and Grandma led us to a great little pond in American Fork called Manilla pond.
 Papa K and Daddy got the boys all set up and they started casting.
 I took the much harder job of walking the dogs around the park. They were so hyper that it was nuts! I was wore out by the end of it!


 They waited patiently, but it wasn't too long before they both got a bite! They both got the first one at about the exact same time!






 They were each allowed to catch two fish, which they did. It only took about 45 minutes from start to finish. As we were driving away Brock asked if we can go fishing again.





 We swung by Grandma and Papa K's on the way home and learned how to gut and clean them. Papa K told me how to cook them and how we are supposed to eat them. He said he was going to quiz me and he would be mad if I didn't eat one. (He is going to be mad at me!)
 The boys were both so excited to eat the dinner they caught! Doran devoured his. I knew he would. He loves fish and always asks for it. Brock I was nervous wouldn't like it. Seth told him if he doesn't like fish he will have to catch and release. He loved it! They both ate the whole fish. We gave Grandma and Grandpa Engman the other two.
 And done!

No comments: