Seth has wanted to go to Mr. Olympia the past few years. It never has worked out with his work schedule until this year. We were all really excited to go. We booked our first night at the Golden Nugget because it has an awesome water slide that goes through an aquarium of sharks! Doran couldn't wait!
We got there around 9:30 at night and checked in and got in our swim suits and headed down to swim... The pool was closed! We were so disappointed! It didn't re-open again until just about check-out time.
So we hot tubbed that night and then went and got hot cocoas at starbucks the next morning and sat and watched the sharks.
After we checked out we went to the expo! It was lots of fun and we got lots of free stuff. The boys even had a lot of fun the first few hours. They liked getting free things. Brock liked the protein shakes.
We saw a little bit of the figure show.
All our free swag from the first day! I loved my musclepharm sunglasses!
Doran and Brock both got musclepharm glasses too and love them.
The next morning we met my step-sister and her family for breakfast. I think it was a parenting low for me. Doran has gotten sick in breakfast restaurants for awhile. We started having them clean the surface they would cook his food on and he would be fine. About a year ago that even changed. He started getting sick even being in the restaurant. I had a feeling we shouldn't go, but I ignored it. Pretty soon his eyes were puffy. A few minutes later he was sneezing. Seth took him outside and then he threw up. I felt very bad. I have officially vowed that I will never take him to a breakfast restaurant or to a house cooking breakfast again. It isn't fair to him.
Brock enjoyed breakfast though!
That afternoon the boys and Becca went back to the expo and the boys and I went swimming. I laid out pretty much the whole time. I just laid right by the edge and watched the boys swim and show off for all the ladies around. They were doing all these crazy jumps and laughing and looking to see which of them were watching them. It was funny! Every once in a while they would come layout by me too.
Afterwards we cleaned up and went and picked everyone else up. We drove around Vegas and got some yummy food and desserts. Seth got about the same amount of stuff the next day from the expo too!
Poor little Dordor! He felt better after throwing up, but it took through the to shake off the red eyes and sneezing.
All our expo stuff! Seth won't need new shirts for years! He got 40something free shirts. We got tons of shaker cups, water bottles, proteins, and supplements.
It doesn't matter where we are at- if there is a Giants game we are reppin! I think people in the gas station in Beaver that we stopped at thought we were nuts. I guess maybe a little. Seth was trying to pull the game up on his phone while driving. It didn't really work, which is probably a good thing.
When we got home Doran wanted to eat my asparagus. I had to take a picture because what kid likes asparagus? Really?
We had a pretty busy week after getting home. We had Brooksy's birthday and parent teacher conferences on Tuesday. Both the boys are doing so good in school! Doran talked Chinese with his teacher and it was so awesome! He already has learned so much!
The boys had their last football games this week too. I am sad they are already over! It was so fun watching them play.
Seth's favorite dessert place opened in American Fork! He has been so excited to go try it out. The boys really liked it too!
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment