Thursday, May 27, 2010

Our Garden

Our stake does something so awesome! They have a huge space of land for a stake garden and they divide it up by wards and people can sign up for it in each ward and plant gardens there. We signed up for a plat and not many people did so we got a 21x31 foot spot! Our friends from the ward, The Lucky's, also signed up and we are right next to each other. It is a good thing they signed up too because if they weren't there to motivate me I would have quit when I saw it was nothing but weeds! We are splitting our garden with two other families from the ward too. We planted so much stuff! I am so excited! We planted corn, watermelon, cantoloupe, honey dew, cucumbers, many different kinds of tomatoes, radish, carrots, onion, cilantro, basil, zucchini, pumpkins, and lots of bell peppers and spicy peppers. We wanted to plant strawberries too but then we found out they don't harvest on the first year.
I have been pretty nervous about everything living and thriving. It is a pretty big undertaking and I will be pretty sad if everything doesn't live and harvest! But either way it is a fun way to spend time with friends and the boys love going too.




1 comment:

Jen Yak said...

You are so awesome! The garden looks great. You are so much more motivated than me. I hate pulling weeds.