The countdown is officially over! Last night was the Hobbit premiere we had all been so excited for. I don't know who was more excited! I put the boys down for a nap at 6:30. Doran was back awake at 8 and Brock napped until about 9. At 10 we got them dressed in their awesome Hobbit costumes and did both their hair hobbit style. They looked so freakin awesome! Neither of them wanted to wear shoes because 'real hobbits' don't, but Seth and I had to insist on flip-flops.
Everyone at the theater loved the boys costumes. It was pretty awesome!
It took forever for us to finally get into the theater. When I ordered the tickets I really wanted to see the film in the new high frame rate that it was shot in and the only showing that way that I could find was at the IMAX at the Jordan Commons. So to the IMAX at Jordan Commos we went. While we were in line waiting for them to let us in I noticed on the ticket that it said 3D on it. I do not like 3D so I was pretty disappointed that I did that. But after a few minutes into the movie I decided I would be ok and not get too motion sick. The movie was awesome! The acting was great! The action was great! It took a few minutes to get used to how fast it seemed to move, but once I did I really liked it. Everything seemed really clear that way. I still will have to see it the normal way too of course.
Doran and Seth both fell asleep in the movie. Brock was awake the whole time. He loved every second of it and he got to sit by his buddy Dom.
Waiting for the movie!
Brock after the movie. He was so hyper he was a little sleep drunk. I am glad both of the boys had so much fun. Brock said his favorite part is when 'Bibo' gets sting. Doran liked the part where they showed the giant spiders that will really be in the next one. I have a hard time picking, but I suppose my favorite part was the riddles with Gollum. Seth's favorite part was the trolls! "I'm full of parasites!"
At about 20 IMAX HFR midnight screenings around the country they were giving away these awesome posters for the midnight showing. We happened to be at one of them. Kind of cool , but I have no idea what I would do with them.
Brock wasn't even ready to go to bed when we got home around four. He wanted to play with sting! He also demanded to sleep in his costume.
Our little hobbitses!
6 years ago
1 comment:
You are such a cool mom! Where did you get that sword?
Post a Comment