6 years ago
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Terror
I have never in my life been as terrified as I was yesterday. I had just pulled into the gym and it was pouring rain. The boys and I jumped out of our Utah-mobile, I mean van, and went to run into the gym. Doran was about four strides ahead of me when a car came flying down the parking lot. Doran was running with his head down and looked up right as she was an inch away and he lunged back. The driver was looking the other way and had no idea what even happened. I screamed as loud as I could that she needed to watch what she was doing. She was going so fast and was seriously an inch away from hitting him. Doran turned white and his chin was shaking as he tried not to cry. I was shaking and my fear was quickly replaced with anger. I wanted to find her, rip her out of her car, and punch her repeatedly (she should be glad that I didn't get a good look at her face). The thoughts of what were so close to happening scared me so bad and made me so mad at her for speeding in a parking lot, looking the other way, and the fact that she probably has no idea that she almost hurt my child because I doubt she heard me yell. The only good thing is when we were walking out of the gym Doran told us to make sure we look both ways for cars.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So, sometimes I am behind on reading your blog. But, I just read this post and it literally gave me the CHILLS! That is so scary, and I am so glad that he is alright. What a great lesson for all of us! To make sure we are paying attention when we are driving. And a great lesson for Doran to understand the importance of looking both ways.
Post a Comment