I haven't been very good at blogging the last few weeks. I haven't been very good at taking pictures either! The Yaks left at the end of June. We were pretty sad.
We went to the park the day before they left and then McDonald's the morning that they left. It was great to be able to see them for such a long trip, but it is never long enough.
After they left the boys needed cheering up so we built them a fort and let them sleep in it and watch movies. I wasn't allowed in- because I am not a wrestler.
And they apparently are.
Jolynne and her family came in town in June too. I only got to see them for a little bit, but I was happy to be able to at all! Our kids had a lot of fun together.
Seth's dad had a heart attack Thursday night. Seth and I were laying in bed and his mom came upstairs and told Seth his dad needed his help because he thought he was having a heart attack. We both ran downstairs as fast as we could. Seth took his blood pressure and it was through the roof and his pulse was a little weird. Then everything went normal. They still went up to the ER even though he was feeling better. Sure enough, he had one. They couldn't operate because the vein is in the center of the heart and it is more risky to operate then try to fix it with medication and diet changes. So far he has been doing really good. So relieving. We are very grateful that he is ok!
Seth and I had our annual Spartan Race again this year. It was such a hot day and week leading up to it! I was really nervous, but there were no issues as far as we were concerned.
Uncle Shottie did the race with us! It is the first time we ran with a group and it was a lot of fun!
Our group was Seth, me, Joel's niece Terry, Scott, and Joel. Jojo did the kids race. This race was the first time I didn't need help on any of the obstacles! I was pretty proud of myself. I did fail at the rope climbs and the monkey bars though. I could have done the monkey bars, but I slipped off because my hands were muddy. Seth did every obstacle! No burpees for Seth!
When we were walking to the car an ambulance drove away with its lights and sirens on. It was the real deal! I feel bad for whoever was in it!
All done with my sexy Spartan!
Online they didn't have any pictures at all of Seth and only this one of me.
A few days after the race the boys and I headed down to St. George for the Engman family vacation. Seth had to work every day of the week and he was the only person from his whole family that was missing. It was sad being away from him that long, but it was a fun little get away.
When we arrived in town I had to take a picture of my temperature in my car! I told the boys before we got out that this was going to be the hottest they have ever felt. They told me I was right.
The first night the boys took up the whole bed.
So I slept on the floor.
This was the view from our room. It is such a beautiful place. I do love it down there.
Brock and Dom!
Watching fireworks.
After the first night I didn't have to sleep on the floor anymore because Doran had a sleep over with Uncle Zach and then with Gavin. Brock was supposed to sleep over at Gavin's too. I walked them to their room and kissed them good night and came back to my room. A few minutes later I looked at the door by the window and Brock was standing there crying. I let him in and he kept telling me that he didn't feel good about me. I calmed him down and tried to talk him into going back over, but he would have none of it. So he stayed with me :)
I got pulled over the morning of the day we left. I was going 53 in a 40. I felt so bad because Brock was so scared. He was trying not to cry and kept saying he doesn't want to go to jail. I kept telling him I was the only one in trouble and was just going to get a ticket, but he was still freaking out. He said he doesn't want me to go to fast anymore. Luckily the cop didn't give me a ticket! Phew!
We ended up leaving Saturday afternoon to get home a little earlier and beat some of the storms that were coming in . The puppers were so clingy to us ! They missed us for sure!
Home and relaxin!
6 years ago
1 comment:
I'm sure glad the cops didn't throw you all in jail!
Post a Comment