1. Football!!! I figure that is a good one to start with considering the super bowl is on Sunday! I love football, thanks to Seth of course! Seth first started watching football in the 91 season. That season the New York Giants won it all and they were who Seth supported and has ever since! The first season I actually watched football was the 2007 season and the Giants won it all again then! I also quilted Seth, Doran, and the soon to be delivered Brock Giants blankets for Christmas that season. I get pretty into the games and will jump and scream and embarass myself.
2. I am a Harry Potter nerd. I don't consider this a secret, I am actually rather proud of it. The summer I was 18 I went to Michigan for a week. It killed me to be away from Brooks and my Mom that long. When I got home Brooks showed me that Mom had bought him Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and he asked if I would watch it with him. So I unpacked and made me and him a bed on the family room floor so we could have a sleep over and watch the movie. I brought a couple magazines to read because I already knew I would not be watching and would be bored. I never even opened them! Brooks was asleep within a couple minutes and I was sitting up and watching the whole movie. Then next day I went and bought the first 4 books, which was all that was out at the time. I have waited for the midnight showing of every movie since (even though I was disappointed in a lot of them) and waited in line to get books 5, 6, and 7 at midnight too. I am very sad that there is only one movie left.
3. I am a Lord of the Rings nerd. In highschool I had a mythology class. It was my favorite subject for sure. I love all the Greek/Roman myths and Gods and Goddesses. It was just so interesting to me. In that class we had to go see the Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring for an assignment. That was all it took! I frequently re-read the books and watch the movies. Aragorn was once my love.
4. I met the best looking man in the world at the Home Depot. Really. A few months later I married him! I remember in the month of September of 04 we had an early morning store meeting. At the meeting they introduced some new cashiers, that is when I first saw him. He had actually worked there for about a month before on the night crew. He said he saw me before that, but I never saw him. Our first date was on October 9th, we got engaged on January 15th, and married on March 26th. I love him more every day. He keeps getting even better looking too, which is hard to believe possible since he is already so incredibly attractive.
5. I am shy. Lots of people would never know this because if I am in my comfort zone I am not. Seth claims I didn't talk to him the first 4 dates that we went on. If it weren't for Seth I wouldn't have ever made any friends in our new ward. He is just so outgoing, friendly, and fun that he makes friends for both of us. Seth has the best personality and sense of humor. He always has me and everyone else laughing and feeling comfortable. Once I get out of my shy mode I can be rather obnoxious though.
6. I love to cook and bake. I have always loved baking treats and decorating cakes. I would like to take a class to learn how to do more then party and birthday cakes. I would love to be able to make elegant and beautiful cakes. I love making yummy food. I like it more and more every new thing I make. I would never say I am good at creating my own recipes, but I sure am good at following other's recipes! I get online several times a week and will look for new recipes to make or cut out recipes from magazines. Right now I love cooking italian. Ever since we had the garden this summer I have been obsessed with basil and try to cook with it as frequently as possible.
7. I love cuddling. I always try to make Seth and the boys cuddle with me. I could cuddle all day and night. I don't think any of them feel the same.
8. I had hypothermia when I was 12. I was at girls camp and was extremely stupid and immature and thought it would be fun to run around without shoes on the whole time. We were up in the mountains and it was the beginning of June so it still would get pretty cold at night. One afternoon it started raining and I got soaking wet. I got very cold so I decided I would go get in my sleeping bag and warm up. We were in tents that year and my sleeping bag was right by the door. I went in and laid in my bag, but I was so cold I couldn't feel that my sleeping bag was wet from the rain coming in the door. After laying there shivering for quite awhile my sister and her friend Rachel looked at me and both freaked out because I was purple. They heard a lady in a different ward had a heated tent and decided to take me there. I was to cold to walk so they started carrying me, at that point I passed out. I woke up who knows how much later in the arms of some man wrapped in a blanket and right by a fire. I looked behind him and most of the girls in the stake were standing around and crying. They had the whole stake go home early, thank heavens!
9. I have been off of caffiene since New Years of 2004. I had a bad problem. I drank Dr. Pepper and energy drinks around the clock. The first thing I would do in the morning was drink a Dr. Pepper and there was not 1 second ever in any day that I did not have a caffinated beverage or two with me. If it got to 10 a.m. and I didn't have one I would start getting a headache. I tried to quit a minimum of 30 times and always didn't last. Finally on New Years of 04 I was at work at Home Depot and I had a Dr. Pepper and a Bawls energy drink and I decided that they were my last caffinated drinks. Something about this time was different. I knew I was going to stick to it. I had a monstrous headache and threwup for a couple of days, but I made it through it! No more Dr. Pepper for me, but I will occassionally smell peoples...
10. I get motion sickness very easily and bad. I have thrown up in several movies and can not watch Seth play most play station games. Some times even watching TV can make me get sick. Just last night I was watching a show on the NFL network that moved around too much and I had to turn it off and go in the bathroom and try to get over the nausea. I throw up in airplanes, get sick in cars, and when I commuted to Salt Lake in an express bus I once had to ask the driver for his garbage can. Gross!
11. Seth and I house hunted for one month shy of 4 years. We were very blessed that my Mom let us live in her basement while we were extremely indecisive. We were undercontract with a couple things at different times. We were undercontract with a house in August of 07 and we were going to get it and then I got a bad feeling and read online about how other states housing markets were starting to collapse. Seth and I talked about it and decided we didn't want to get that house right then because it was so small and if we got upside down in it we would be in it forever. Finally in June of 09 we bought our house and our payment is only $200 more then it would have been in that other house and over 3000 square feet bigger. We were so grateful that we were indecisive!
12. I love Weight Watchers. I have been doing it for over 4 years. I doubt I will ever not go weigh in.
13. I love food. I get on Seth's nerves sometimes because when I want somewhere (like Chipotle) I will talk about it every day until he finally takes me, then a few days later it is somewhere else. I love almost all foods and could eat all day. (Which is why I will always have to be on Weight Watchers!) I will crave all sorts of different things and either have to make it or go out to eat it. I just can't help it. I love food.
14. I love the sun. I like sitting in the seats that sun is shining in on and I like to have the sun in my eyes. I just love how the sun makes me feel happy! I would love to live somewhere that was warm year round. The only thing I like about winter is that I can leave the blinds open all day and let the sun in and I won't bake everyone in the house!
15. I love color. Purple has always been my favorite color and I am sure it always will be. I hate wearing black and love to have bright colors on. My love of colors is wearing off on the boys. They ask people all the time what there favorite color is. Brock's is green. He picked it last year on St. Patrick's day and hasn't stopped loving it since. Doran loved red the beginning of last year, then during the summer it switched to blue (I think it had something to do with shark week) and now it is red and black. Seth's are red, white, and blue because he loves how they go together. He likes the patriotic look of them. Also they are the Giants colors, which I think should make them America's team and not the stupid Cowboys! Who really likes the Cowboys anyways?
So that is my first post in the 30 day posting challenge! Day 1: Post a recent picture and list 15 interesting facts about me... I don't know how interesting they were.
2 comments:
You should email what you are doing for your 30 day blog challenge. That way I can choose which ones sound the funnest!
THey were very interesting! I love how much you are into Harry Potter and football! You are so girly but yet love football more than lots of guys :)
Post a Comment