Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bad habit

I have many habits, many of which are good, and many are bad. I would say the habit that has bugged me my whole life is nail biting. I can not remember early enough to remember not biting my nails and I can remember some pretty early memories too. I sometimes bite them until they bleed. Another painful thing about not having fingernails is the tips of my fingers aren't protected. I will get big splits and cracks all over in the tips of my fingers and they are so painful. I generally try to grow out my fingernails two or three times a year and it is usually in winter because that is when my fingertips split the worst. Right now I am in attempt number 1 for the year of growing my nails out. I usually don't even realize when my attempt has failed until I am half way through with biting them off. The main time I bite my nails is when I am nervous. I bite my nails really bad during good football games, so they could be gone today by half time! This picture is about two weeks of growth (there hasn't been any football games for two weeks). I am going to paint them before the game and hopefully they make it through the day! This habbit has passed on to both Doran and Brock. I try to stop them when I catch them doing it, but from my own experience, I know it is no good!

No comments: