Tonight the most recent WrestleMania was airing on TV. I turned to the channel early and American Ninja Warrior was on TV. We knew the boys would love it once we saw it was on. We were right! Pretty soon they were practicing on 'obstacles' around the house. The first one was climbing up the hall walls. They were doing pretty good! A minute later Doran came running in the room saying "Dad! Dad! Dad!" He wasn't crying so I couldn't tell what was wrong. Then I saw there was blood on his hand and so did Seth. Seth grabbed him and told me to grab a towel. I ran in the kitchen and got one and ran back in the bathroom to see how bad it was! Oh man it was bad! I knew we needed to go to the ER to get him stitched so I ran and got Brock and Audrey in their shoes. We all got in the car really fast and took off for the hospital.
On the way there we found out what happened. Doran was still practicing his Ninja Warrior skills and was balancing on his head board. He lost his balance and reached up and cut his hand on his shark jaw over his bed. We told him he basically got attacked by a shark!
He didn't cry once! Not when it happened or at all after. He was hurting so bad when he was getting the numbing shots that his feet were shaking and his face was so red he was almost purple, but he still didn't cry. The doctor and all the nurses kept saying how brave he is.
When Doran told the Doctor the story the Doctor said, 'So you got bit by a shark?!' He said he couldn't wait to tell his kids about it!
Ready to get stitched up! The doctor did some tests before to make sure he didn't hurt any tendons or nerves. It looks like he was lucky and missed them! I am so glad!
So the doctor started stitching up!
14 stitches later! He did so good during the stitches and they took quite awhile! He is so brave and strong! I forgot my purse and everything when we rushed out the door, but I did have enough sense to tell Brock to get the iPad. So luckily he was distracted through all of this! Audrey's parents cut their anniversary date short and came and picked her up at the hospital. I felt so bad, they left the movie they were in and rushed there!
After we took him to Target and let him pick a toy for being so brave and we got both the boys a candy. Now we are finally watching WrestleMania and he is wanting John Cena to win so bad! (And he is even wearing his very favorite shark shirt tonight too!)
6 years ago
2 comments:
Oh my gosh. I saw the pictures yesterday and was hoping to ask you about it today. That is a nasty bad cut. I can't believe he didn't cry at all. I hope he's not in too much pain today. Makes for a fun story though I gguess.
Oh my gosh. I saw the pictures yesterday and was hoping to ask you about it today. That is a nasty bad cut. I can't believe he didn't cry at all. I hope he's not in too much pain today. Makes for a fun story though I gguess.
Post a Comment