Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The End... Of Summer

 Summer isn't going out with much of a bang. With Doran's injury we can't really swim or bowl so we are doing a lot of nothing.
 The night Doran got the injury was a rough night for him. He tossed and turned in pain all night. He was in a lot of pain still in the morning so we went and got him medicine. It seemed to help a little. He fell asleep early the next night!
 He has of course been enjoying shark week! There was a megalodon episode the other night and he was way into it. He has been asking me if I think a megalodon is still alive every since. They have also taken the number one favorite shark spot from the great white.
 Way different hair... And a different TV. Same kid!
 Tonight when I changed his bandage it was the first one that wasn't bloody. Looks like it is finally starting to heal!
 Brock is still practicing his ninja warrior skills. He is getting really good at climbing the walls. I am not sure how I feel about it. He gets really high and then just jumps down! I don't want another ER trip, but every time I turn around he is climbing back up!
 The boys both had their first soccer practices last night. Seth and I agreed to coach Brock's team after the third email came begging for help and saying we didn't need to know anything. The first practice was fun, I just hope the games go smoothly! Doran is on the first grade league and loved his coach and practice. When he told his coach what happened the coach said 'You got attacked by a shark?!' So of course Doran thinks he is awesome!

1 comment:

Jen Yak said...

I broke my arm climbing the walls like Brocky! That's so awesome that you are coaching soccer! You should show the boys the movie Ladybugs. It's a soccer movie with Rodney Dangerfield. My girls loved it. It's on Netflix right now.